Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
Wasted Opportunities (Part 1)
1. Two styles of leadership emerge in 1 Kings 12, servant-leadership and authoritarian leadership.
2. Jesus taught that a leader leads by serving (Matthew 20:20-28; Mark 10:42-45) and that a leader lessens the burdens of others and doesn’t make them greater (Matthew 11:28-30; 23:1-4).
3. Jesus exemplified servant leadership: in His coming to earth as a servant (Philippians 2:1-13) and in His actions (John 13:1-17; Luke 22:24-27)
4. Servant leadership builds people up, it doesn’t use them.
5. Servant leaders lead by example, serving not being served