Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
The Unguarded Heart (Part 7)
Bible Text: 1 Kings 11:1-43 | Preacher: Pastor Joe Ricchuiti | Series: 1 Kings, The Unguarded Heart
1. God had warned Solomon that the consequence of his disobedience would be discipline.
2. God uses three enemies of Solomon to discipline him, two are from outside Israel and one from within.
3. When we sin, when our hearts are divided toward God:
-we open ourselves to God’s discipline
-we weaken ourselves against our adversaries (the world , the flesh, Satan)
-we should regard discipline not as a bad thing but as a wake-up call to return to God
4. God disciplines those He loves (Hebrews 12:4-11), that He might produce righteous living in them.
5. Solomon life is a cautionary tale to us in at least three ways
-we must watch what we set our affections upon, what we give ourselves to
-we must make good choices, for choices have consequences
-we must make the most of the opportunities and gifts that God gives us, using them for His glory and purposes