Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
Two Ways: A Choice
1. Psalm 1 is a wisdom psalm in the genre of wisdom literature (Proverbs, Ecclesiastes). It is instruction in living by the Word of God. The psalm teaches that the path we choose in life has a predictable end.
2. Two ways of life are presented: the way of the righteous (those in relationship with God) and the way of the wicked (those not in relationship with God and are morally deficient). It invites us to examine if our attitudes and actions are shaped by the world or by the Word of God.
3. The godly person is: separated from sin; Bible-centered in attitude and actions; and stable, fruitful, and blessed. The ungodly person is: without permanence, unstable; and without a future (only judgment awaits them).
4. The godly person must feed on the Word of God; reading, studying, memorizing and meditating on it. He or she is influenced not by the ungodly but by the Word of God.
5. All true worship begins with a deliberate choice of God’s way. Knowing God is a necessary first step in worship.
-It is necessary to know God to worship Him in spirit and in truth (John 4:23)
-The more we know about God the more we will be moved to worship Him.
-The more we know what the bible says about God the less we will fashion a god from our own imagination.
-The more we offer ourselves in true and pure worship the more God separates us to Himself.
6. To know God better:
-Begin to praise Him for His attributes, naming them (He is immutable, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent, infinite and eternal, merciful, gracious, loving, faithful, holy, righteous, just, true or truth, and sovereign)
-Choose one attribute each week to meditate and focus on
-Name what you are thankful for, especially your relationship with Him