Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
From Bitterness to Blessing
Bible Text: Ruth 4:1-22 | Preacher: Pastor Joe Ricchuiti | Series: From Bitterness to Blessing, Ruth
1. Ruth’s simple decision to glean in a field, which though unknown to her at the time, belonged to Boaz, a redeeming relative, had far-reaching implications, including her becoming the great-grandmother of David and an ancestor of Jesus Christ.
2. The Book of Ruth illustrates how God moves people and events to fulfill His purposes. Not through grandiose moves but through the simple, everyday decisions of faithful people.
3. Boaz was willing to redeem Ruth, as the Law provided, even though it meant financial risk for him. Obedience often calls for sacrifice. There is no faith without cost, no worship without cost, no giving without cost, and no obedience with cost.
4. Some lessons for us from the Book of Ruth:
-God is faithful even when we don’t see it
-God works on behalf of those who trust Him
-We must be faithful in the little things; the everyday affairs of life can have far-reaching consequences
-We must serve God, believe His Word
-We think we have to do great things for God—we must be great in the little things
-Don’t overlook the ordinary (As Oswald Chambers says, the shallow things of life are as much ordained by God as the great things)
-All work is spiritual
-Be faithful today and leave the big picture in God’s hands
-Rely on God in difficult times
5. “Today may or may not include a memorable event in your life. The hours may simply be filled with the small acts of obedience that make up a faithful lifestyle. But whether or not you are in the spotlight of special service, make this day another for which God can call you a good and faithful servant.” (Life Lessons)