Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
Promises for the Troubled
Bible Text: John 14:6-14 | Preacher: Pastor Joe Ricchuiti | Series: John, Promises for the Troubled
Recap of 11/11/12 (John 14:6):
1. Christianity is not a religion or philosophy but a relationship. The answer to life and death issues is not a formula or a philosophy but a relationship with Jesus Christ. Jesus is the “way, the truth, and the life.”
2. The way to Heaven, the way to a relationship with God the Father is to follow Jesus. He takes us there. Jesus does not just know the way, He is the way.
3. Jesus is the truth. He didn’t just know truth-He embodied it.
4. “No teacher has ever embodied the truth he taught—except Jesus. Many a man could say: ‘I have taught you the truth.’ Only Jesus could say: ‘I am the Truth.’” (William Barclay)
5. Jesus is also the “life.” Jesus brings life worth living. All other things we live for must ultimately disappoint and leave us dissatisfied or grasping for more and more, things such as pleasure, power, money, material, etc.
6. Jesus claimed to be the only way to God, not one of many ways but the only way. This truth is taught through-out the Scripture (see Acts 4:12; 1 Timothy 2:5).