Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
Maintaining Your Spiritual Edge (Part 8)
Preacher: Pastor Joe Ricchuiti | Series: Maintaining Your Spiritual Edge
(based in part on Selwyn Hughes, Everyday Light: Water for the Soul)
1. We weren’t meant to bottle up the truth, when we do we become stagnant in our Christian walk (John 7:36-39).
2. We must share the hope of the gospel with unbelievers and we must share the lessons God is teaching us with fellow believers and unbelievers alike.
3. We must be ready to respectfully share a reason for the hope within us (1 Peter 3:15,16)
4. We do this best in the context of relationship (Friendship Evangelism or Relationship Evangelism).
5. According to Navigators 2:7 series article, “Relationship Evangelism,” we must understand that: “Evangelism is not an event but a process. This process may take months, and even years. To be successful in this type of evangelism we must be willing to establish relationship with unbelievers; and we must “show the same type of love and acceptance toward sinners that Jesus displayed.”