Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
Living at Peace (Part 1)
Bible Text: Philippians 4:1-9 | Preacher: Pastor Joe Ricchuiti | Series: Living at Peace, Philippians
1. Peace is necessary in the Body of Christ to have an effective witness to those around us.
2. Dissension violates peace in the Body.
3. Dissension often arises when a person is offended in the Body and then shares that offense with others rather than going to the offender.
4. There is no sanction is the scripture for going to anyone other than the offender. If it cannot be resolved at that level, then it is necessary to bring in another.
5. When offenses are shared with others it becomes gossip which divides the Body because: gossip always separates people, causes dissension, causes people to be untrusting of others, widens a conflict, crushes the spirit of another, and kills the reputation of another. Gossip is unfortunately appealing.