Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
God’s Design for Marriage (Part 7)
Preacher: Pastor Joe Ricchuiti | Series: God’s Design for Marriage
Staying pure in a sexually charged society:
1. Determine beforehand what your limits are and remind yourself often.
2. Don’t toy with immorality – be especially careful about your thought life and about what you look at.
3. Build God’s standard into your life through Bible reading and study, prayer, scripture meditation and memorization. Determine to have nothing but God’s best for your life.
4. If necessary, flee the situation. 1 Corinthians 6:12-18; 1 Thessalonians 4:3-8; Genesis 39:6-12
5. Make a list of the consequences if you fail.
6. If you have already failed morally confess your sin to God, receive His forgiveness, recommit your life to His way, ask for His power to stop, and remember that there are consequences even for forgiven sin.