Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
God’s Design for Marriage (Part 6)
Preacher: Pastor Joe Ricchuiti | Series: God’s Design for Marriage
1. Marriage killer number ten: Conflict over the sexual relationship
2. God designed the physical relationship in marriage to build intimacy, instead it often builds distance.
3. In 1 Corinthians 7:1-5 Paul (under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit) warns married couples to not withhold their bodies from each other except in rare instances and then only for prayer. To violate this instruction is to invite Satan’s destructive work into a marriage.
4. A couple’s response to each other and growth in this area can be hindered by such things as not understanding the differences between men and women in this area, exhaustion, addictions (especially to pornography), and mental adultery (see Matthew 5:27,28).
5. For more in this area see Williard Harley, His Needs, Her Needs; Linda Dillow and Lorraine Pintus, Intimate Issues; Clifford and Joyce Penner, The Gift of Sex; Dr. Ed Wheat, Intended for Pleasure.