Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
Getting Their Goats (Part 1)
1. A Biblical theology of money:
- All is God’s/all is from God—we are stewards. 1 Corinthians 4:2,7; 1 Chronicles 29:10-17
- We must not love money, live for it, or put our trust in it. 1 Timothy 6:6-10; Matthew 6:24; Hebrews 13:5,6
- We must use our resources to further God’s purposes. 1 Timothy 6:17-19
- We must learn to value those things that don’t have price tags, such as: our relationship with God, our relationship with our mate, children, one-another.
- We must be unselfish with our resources. Proverbs 11:24,25; 28:22
2. If we have a wrong attitude toward money: God will not have first place as He should; we will value the things that lack true value; we will compromise character, honesty, integrity; we will live for that which is perishing; we will never be satisfied or content; we will be serving the wrong master.