Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
A Song for Turbulent Times
Bible Text: Psalm 46 | Preacher: Pastor Joe Ricchuiti | Series: A Song for Turbulent Times, Psalms
1. “In a day when pressing problems greatly outnumber available solutions in matters of national and international concern, where do you turn for stability? You turn to the same refuge the psalmist found. In Psalm 46 the descendants of Korah portray the worst calamities imaginable upon earth: earthquakes, landslides, and a raging sea (vv. 2-3). And when everything seems to be breaking loose, they proclaim that there remains an immovable Refuge: the God of Israel.” (Daily Walk NLT Bible)
2. The theme of Psalm 46 is that in the midst of the uncertainties of life, we should find our security in God.
3. God is the believer’s shelter where one can find rest. He fights for us and is always available to help.
4. No storm, not matter how great, can overwhelm us. (vv. 2-3) The things this world relies upon as substantial turn out to be unsubstantial and unreliable in the storm.
5. Though the storm rages without, the believer has peace within because of the presence of God in their lives (vv. 4-7). God is a place of safety (a stronghold). His people must trust Him.
6. In the midst of the noisy tumult of the storms of life, we must be silent before God trusting Him. In the midst of uncertainties we must find our security in God. Verse ten must be our refuge and our shelter.