Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
What’s Appealing About Right-Living (Part 2)
Bible Text: Genesis 14:1-24 | Preacher: Pastor Joe Ricchuiti | Series: Genesis, What’s Appealing About Right-Living
1. Lot illustrates the futility of living for riches. Though he chose the best of the land (Genesis 13) here he and his family and his possessions are taken captive. (Matthew 6:19-21,24)
2. When Abram learns of Lot’s predicament he springs into action to rescue him, despite their negative earlier dealings.
3. We must be ready to restore fellow Christians caught in sin or carrying crushing burdens. We must be ready to restore even those who have wronged us. As we have opportunity we must do good to believers first and then unbelievers. (Galatians 6:1-4, 9-10)
4. At the moment of temptation God will send a way out (1 Corinthians 10:13; Hebrews 4:16). The King of Sodom attempts to compromise Abram and at just the right moment God sent Melchizedek (King of Salem, King of Righteousness) to remind Abram who gave him the victory and to whom he was committed.
5. Abram made sure that only God alone would receive credit for his successes. God alone would receive the glory.