Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
The Road To Hope
1. In God’s sight all humanity can be divided between those who “are dead in trespasses and sins” (unbelievers) and those who have been “made alive with, raised up with, and seated with Christ (believers).
2. Unbelievers are spiritually dead. Death in the Bible sense means separation. Physical death is the separation of the material from the immaterial part of man. Spiritual death is separation from God. Eternal death is separation from God for all eternity as a result of a person physically dying without ever coming to Christ; that is their spiritual death becomes permanent. Dead also has the sense of no communication with God or with the life of God.
3. The condition of “dead” has come about because of sin, described here as “transgressions” (doing the wrong things) and “sins” (missing the mark or failing to do the right things).
4. Unbelievers are kept in subjection to sin by the world (the world system which is anti-god and opposes all God stands for), Satan (who controls through lies, deceit, schemes), and the sinful nature (the corrupt nature all humans inherited from Adam, Romans 5:12).
5. God provided a way for individuals to be made alive through faith in His Son Jesus Christ. This salvation is of God alone, not by human effort or work. (Ephesians 2:8-10)