Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
The God of New Beginnings (Part 2)
1. One thing that we can count on in our Christian life is that our faith will be tested. God allows tests to bring us to maturity (James 1:2-4) and to purify our faith and prove its’ genuineness.
2. Living by faith allows us to be generous with others, generous in forgiveness, in love, and in material things. Living by sight causes us to be grasping and stingy.
3. “Eyegate is one of the avenues through which temptations assail the soul…” (Arthur W. Pink) “Eve saw that the fruit was good for food, pleasing to the eye, desirable for gaining wisdom.” (Genesis 3:6) Achan in Joshua 7:21 explaining his disobedience: “I saw…I coveted…I took.”
3. The choice that is best for us in the decisions of life is the one that is best for our souls. Our decisions are often made on the basis of economics, promotion, opportunity, temporal advantages.
4. What God has to offer to us is better by far than anything the world has to offer.
5. How faith resolves conflict: faith trusts God’s Word; faith doesn’t demand its’ own way; faith doesn’t manipulate or scheme; faith calls us to risk being wronged.