Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
The Christian Home (Part 9)
Bible Text: Ephesians 6:1-4 | Preacher: Pastor Joe Ricchuiti | Series: Ephesians, The Christian Home
Ten Positive Parenting Skills (from: How to Love With Them Since You Can’t Live Without Them by Roger & Becky Tirabassi)
1. Model your faith – teach your children to have a loving relationship with God (Deut. 6:4-9)
2. Pray regularly for your children.
3. Treat your children with respect; speak to them in the way you wish to be spoken to.
4. Teach your children to give.
5. Whenever possible attend a church that has an excellent children’s program (good doctrine, good role models).
6. Say or do the things that you want your children to say or do.
7. Apologize to your children when it is appropriate.
8. Don’t say no unless you have to. Don’t be constantly negative. Be creative, find something to say “yes” to.
9. Be loving toward your spouse in front of your children.
10. As your children get older, discuss and evaluate with them curfews, discipline measures, expectations and finances. The goal is to help them develop disciplines and habits that will positively affect their futures.