Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
Bible Text: Philippians 1:7-11 | Preacher: Pastor Joe Ricchuiti | Series: Intelligent Love, Philippians
1. Paul is mindful of the day of Christ Jesus (the rapture-the return of Jesus for the church). He was consumed by the thought of Christ’s return and of being ready and unashamed at His return. Paul was also concerned for those he taught that they would be ready as well. The issue for the believer at Jesus’ return is not salvation (that’s already settled) but of rewards for faithful life and service.
2. Paul’s love for the Philippians found its source in Jesus Christ. Jesus was loving them through Paul. Who is it that Jesus wants to love through us?
3. Paul prays that they might act in love making right choices and not causing others to stumble.
4. Love is so important because it is greater than spiritual experiences, spiritual gifts, faith, service, and knowledge (I Corinthians 13:1-3; 8:1; source John Stott)
5. Love is evidenced by concern for others, willingness to yield to others, willingness to forgive, and sacrificial service.