Our church is an independent, non-denominational congregation focused on equipping believers to accomplish all God has for each individual. We emphasize growing to maturity through regular, relevant study of God’s Word, meaningful corporate worship, and fellowship. Del Rio Bible Church was established in 1997 by a … Read More »
God With Us
Bible Text: Matthew 1:18-25 | Preacher: Pastor Joe Ricchuiti | Series: God With Us, Matthew
1. The events of Matthew 1:18-25 are designed to explain verse 16:
-how Jesus could be born of Mary only?
-how could Jesus be conceived without a human father?
2. Upon learning of Mary’s pregnancy, Joseph was faced with a dilemma. How would he handle this unwelcome news? Understandably his hopes are dashed and he struggles with a decision.
3. After God had allowed him to struggle with this situation, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and explained that God was using he and Mary to fulfill ancient promises of the coming of the Savior.
4. Joseph risked misunderstanding and gossip to be obedient to God. He (along with Mary) is an example of faith and obedience.
5. The question for us, as expressed in the December 25th Daily Bread article is this: “How is it with us this Christmas? Will we trust God and follow His leading even when we face uncertainty and overwhelming circumstances?”