Val Verde county issued a shelter-in-place order effective March 24. Awana and both men’s groups are canceled this week. Although the order is supposed to be in effect until April 6th, we are only canceling the current week’s activities and will give another update next Tuesday.
We will broadcast Sunday’s service via Facebook Live again. Please see our website after Thursday for links to resources for the service like the bulletins and sermon notes.
Please continue to reach out to each other for help as required. Call the church office or email Steve (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need anything. The body of Christ must continue to provide support and encouragement to each another and our neighbors.
The governor has limited gatherings to 10 people state-wide, so we are canceling normal services on Sunday. We will have a slightly-shorter-than-normal Facebook Live service starting at 10:45. Please join us for worship music, a few announcements, and Joe’s continued teaching on the reliability of the Bible.
There are still several spots left to attend church services in person this Sunday. As the church office is closed Friday and Saturday, you can text or call Steve at 830-313-8556 to reserve your seat.
To join us via Facebook Live, you will obviously need a Facebook account. Then go to the Del Rio Bible Church page while we are broadcasting and scroll down until you see the live video. You can click on the video to make it full screen. Depending on how you have Facebook notifications set, you may or may not get a notification that we are live.
Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,
As you probably know, a “state of disaster for public health emergency ” was declared by the county judge of Val Verde County on March 16, 2020. One of the measures taken in this declaration is “that gatherings where 50 people or more are expected to attend are hereby suspended or cancelled.”
In order to honor God by 1) not giving up meeting together and by 2) submitting to governing authorities, the elders made the following decisions:
- Small group meetings will continue or take a break at the discretion of the individual small group leaders.
- Awana is canceled for this week, March 18th, because it is larger than 50 people
- Sunday services will continue with modifications:
- You can choose to watch either service live on Facebook Live.
- You can choose to join us in person, but you must call the church office at 830-768-1438 to reserve one of the 49 available seats. In order to meet the requirements of the county’s disaster declaration, we cannot let you into the building without a reservation.
- If you choose to join us in person, hugs, handshakes, fist bumps, or elbow taps are still appropriate signs of Christian love and camaraderie. Remember though, that respecting someone’s choice to forgo these traditional greetings is also a sign of Christian love and camaraderie.
We will continue to glorify God by providing solid bible teaching and encourage you to continue to serve one another and your neighbors through the COVID pandemic.
The elders will readdress Awana and Sunday services each week. Please check back with us regularly for updates via Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DRBCinfo/) or our website (https://delriobiblechurch.com/) .